How to get rid of Dandruff in Winters?
Dandruff can result in low self-esteem. It is significant for everyone to focus on overall physical health. In severe cases, dandruff can cause infection; hence, it is essential to consult a dermatologist in Chinar International Hospital to get guidance regarding routine and remedies that can help with the condition.
Dandruff and its Symptoms
Dandruff is a skin condition; in which there is excessive production of dead skin on the scalp. The symptoms of dandruff include; an itchy scaly that makes the person extremely uncomfortable and white and flaky skin which is visible on clothes and head that may cause social embarrassment.
Causes of Dandruff
The common causes that correlate with dandruff are:
- Dry skin is the most common cause of dandruff. Individuals having dry skin in winters are more prone to develop the condition.
- Seborrheic dermatitis affects the scalp and areas such as eyebrows. Individuals who shampoo their hair twice a week may suffer from this condition.
- People suffering from eczema and psoriasis have dry skin that may correlate with dandruff.
- Certain products may include harsh chemicals that cause the scalp to become red and itchy and cause dandruff. Hence, it is significant to know about the products and their ingredients before applying.
- Malassezia is a fungus that remains on the top of the scalp, which may cause irritation. The scalp becomes itchy, and there is excessive production of dead skin cells.
Effective Remedies for Dealing with Dandruff
- Keep yourself Hydrated: The skin becomes dry in winters; hence, it is best to consume plenty of fluids and water to overcome dryness-related issues from all over the body.
- Use coconut oil: Coconut oil is s a good source of lauric and capric acid. It has antifungal properties that allow to overcome Malassezia and keep the scalp moisturized.
- Use Aloe Vera: Aloe vera helps get rid of itchiness caused by seborrheic dermatitis. It may result in dandruff; hence, treating seborrheic dermatitis helps minimize the occurrence of dandruff.
- Add Probiotics to Diet: Probiotics help decrease dandruff; hence, it is better to focus on your diet as it may be causing various physical problems such as dandruff.
- Include Omega-3 foods in your diet: Chia seeds and fish are good sources of omega-3 that help the body remain hydrated. The body is able to get essential minerals and vitamins; hence consuming omega-3 foods helps fight dandruff and other skin problems.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can be beneficial: Apple Cider vinegar is known to be beneficial in treating severe dandruff. Diluting it with an equal amount of water and applying it for fifteen minutes twice a week helps get rid of dandruff in winters. However, one should use it twice a week while. The quantity should be measured beforehand. Using excessive amounts of ACV can cause complications.
Permanent Cure for Dandruff
- The steps that can help a person permanent get rid of dandruff are:
- Ask your dermatologist to recommend shampoo and related products.
- Wash your hair with shampoo after two days to keep your scalp clean.
- Use anti-dandruff shampoo recommended by your dermatologist.
- Never share your hairbrush or comb.
- Take care of your mental health. Lack of sleep and stress correlate with developing multiple problems, including dandruff. Hence, it is essential to meditate, rest and keep hydrated.
- Try to avoid using harsh chemicals on the scalp. It is better to use organic products as they have no side effects.
Both men and women are prone to develop this condition. If someone exhibits symptoms correlating to dandruff, should consult a skin specialist who will help determine the cause and recommend suitable products that would allow the person to love confidently and minimize the chances of further complications.