List Of Best Women Bowlers In The Cricket History
Cricket is among the most followed and loved sports worldwide for several decades. The most vital aspect of a cricket match is the presence of great bowlers. People enjoy it very much when a bowler takes a wicket or bowls tight spells to the opponent batters.
Due to numerous contributions by several players, women’s cricket has also got the popularity that it deserves. In women’s cricket also several bowlers showed the world how capable women’s bowlers are in world cricket. If we keep raw pace aside, women bowlers are a huge part that makes people turn their heads towards them.
This article is about those women bowlers who showed the world their capability of bowling great spells and the knack of taking wickets at ease. In this article, many bowlers created several historical situations in the women’s crickets that will never be forgotten by any cricket enthusiast. You can easily watch today international cricket match of these players.
- Cathryn Fitzpatrick: The veteran woman pacer from Australia, Cathryn was known for her pace and was the fastest women fast bowler in the world at her time. In the 1997 and 2005 Worlds Cup teams, Cathryn was the most vital player on the squad. In her career, Cathryn played 13 Test matches and took 60 wickets with her best bowling figure of 5/29. Her test bowling average was phenomenal, just 19.11 with an extraordinary economy rate of only 1.91. She also took 4 wickets 6 times and 5 wickets twice in her test career.
Cathryn was an excellent ODI player and she played over 100 matches for Australia and took 180 wickets with an average of 16.79 along with 5/14 as her best bowling figure.
- Jhulan Goswami: After Cathryn Fitzpatrick got retired, Jhulan Goswami became the fastest woman bowler in the world and in 2007 she was awarded player of the year by ICC.
Goswami played only 10 test matches in her career but there she took 40 wickets with the best bowling figure of 5/25 in a single inning. Her test bowling average was 16.62. In her test career, Jhulan took 4 wickets 2 times and 5 wickets in a match 3 times.
Jhulan was mainly an ODI bowler and played 177 ODI matches for the Indian team where she took 200 plus wickets along with an outstanding average of 21.34. For her sheer performance and major contribution for several years, Goswami has been featured second on this list.
- Lisa Sthalekar: This Indian-born Austrlian player Lisa Sthalekar is featured third on this list. She was known for her all-round ability in her time. In limited over format she became the first woman in cricket to take 100 wickets along with 1000 runs in the international circuit. Her test career was not long, played only 8 matches where she took 23 wickets for Australia. In this short test career, Lisa took 5 wickets-haul twice.
Lisa was known as an ODI specialist all-rounder, she played 125 ODI matches were she able to take 145 wickets with her best bowling figure of 5/35. Due to her ability with both ball and bat, she deserved a special mention.
- Neetu David: Neetu David was the former spinner of team India and she holds the record of having the best test bowling figures among all Indian women bowlers in a single inning. David was known as one of the finest left-arm off-spinner of her time. In her career, she played only 10 test matches Indian women’s team but she took 40 plus wickets. Her best bowling figures were 8/53 runs from a single inning. Though her test career was not that long it was pretty effective and memorable.
Neetu’s ODI career was also pretty memorable as she played 97 ODI matches from where she took 141 wickets with her best figures of 5/20 from 10 overs. In her ODI career, she took several 4 and 5 wickets haul and this made her one of the best women spinners in India.
- Anisa Mohammed: Anis Mohammad is the current member of the West Indies women’s squad and she is the highest wicket-taker of WI in the T20I format. Besides representing the country she also plays domestic cricket regularly for Trinidad and Tobago.
Her ODI career is not lees a miracle as she take 145 wickets to date from over 100 matches that she played and 7/14 is her best ODI bowling figure in a single game. With several 5 and 4 wickets haul, Anisa has an ODI bowling average of 19.07 which is outstanding.
Anisa is a well-known name in the T20 format because to date she achieved 106 wickets from just 92 matches with 5/10 in 4 overs as the best bowling figure. Her bowling ability in limited overs format makes her one of the best bowlers of West Indies in ages.
- Jenny Gunn: Another current member of the national side, Jenny Gunn is featured 6th on this list. She is currently playing as a premium medium pacer and a handy lower-order batter for team England. In 2014 she was also awarded by the British Empire on her birthday.
To date, Gunn played 11 test matches where she was able to take 29 wickets with an outstanding average of 22.24 along with a single 5 wickets haul.
As an ODI bowler, Gunn is a well-known bowler as she has taken 128 wickets from 139 ODI matches with a brilliant economy rate of just over 3 runs per over. Jenny also took numerous 4 and 5 wickets haul in her ODI career to date.
This is the list of the top 6 best women bowlers to date. Apart from these names, there are several others whose contribution is a major factor in women’s cricket but the inclusion of all is not possible. The batter is always a major factor in cricket, but the bowlers are the one who helps to grow interest in women’s cricket among all. There are many people worldwide who watch women’s cricket to see excellent spells and their celebration after taking major and vital wickets in the matches.
Know all about cricket news and updates at CBTF news.
Get the fastest cricket news update at https://cbtfspeednews.com/.
Know all about cricket betting and updates at CBTF betting.
Get the updated expert betting tips at https://cricketbettingtipsfree.com/
Checkout our videos to get the latest updates about cricket and betting tips, and casino
tips to win big with expert opinions at https://www.cbtfmytube.com/.